Monday, February 13, 2012

Congressman Paul Ryan

He is not my congressman. Some days i wish he were just so I could vote against him. Most days I say thank God he is not. I do not want to be represented by a radical consecrative engineer. Not my words.
Then there are days I wish he was.
WHY you may ask.
I do not like his medicare plan from that he has shown us. Or his plan for Social Security.
I really do not like it but I will say this at least he has a plan. A plan that goes in the wrong direction for the country. A plan that may save some tax dollars in the near future but will hurt the nation 30, 40 or 50 years from now. A time when there is a snow balls chance in hell that I will be around.
So why do I care. My parents generation lived though a depression, fought a world war, came home went to school, and built a modern nation with a large middle class. Was it perfect. No it was not. It left a lot of people behind. If you were black in this country it was hard to vote and you could live where the white man said you could live. You might get a "good" job but not a great job.
Then my generation came along and we tried to change some of those wrongs. We made a little progress on the race issue as well as on the gender issue but I would not say those issues were resolved.
My generation knew that we had to pay for the privileges. We paid our taxes and gave of our time and those that had kids raised them.
Now we have a country that does not want to pay for things and we are not courages enough to stand up and say lets US fix them.
So Congressman Ryan came up with a plan. A plan I do not like but it is a plan. Have you seen a plan by any other member of the Wisconsin delegation to congress. Democrat or Republican!!!!
Maybe we could use some more "Tea Party" wins as well as a few "99% wins.
Most of all they need to know that they are elected to represent all of us not just their party line. So do not tell me how good your conservative or liberal voting record is. The higher on it i think makes you less effective!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment